Plans for building regulations    House extensions in Wirral     Architect in Heswall    house extension in Heswall    Architect in WIrral    Planning applications in Wirral   Architectural
services in Wirral    Plans for house extensions
Planning Applications Planning Applications
Contact Details
71 Springcroft, Parkgate
CH64 6SF
[email protected]

+44(0)151 3365065
44(0)7914 408038
Company Details
Registered Name:
Neil Braithwaite Architect Ltd
Registered No:
Registered Address:
5 Parkgate Road, Neston, CH64 9XF
Registered Place:
England And Wales
HomeExtending your home Planning Applications Building Regulations Gallery
Planning Applications
      Drawings For Planning Applications
A planning application is required for most new building or changes to existing buildings. The planning system is designed to control the construction of buildings and use of land. It is governed at local level by local planning authority. They will assess the proposals and make a decision on whether to grant or refuse permission.

The planning process can often be frustrating for clients, which is why it is important to employ a suitably experienced consultant to deal with the planning department on your behalf.
Copyright Neil Braithwaite Architect Limited 2012 All rights reserved
Find Architectural Services in Neston using Smilelocal | To Top
To Top
Architects in WirralLoft conversions in WirralBuilding work in WirralBuilding regulations in WirralExtending your homeArchitects in NestonAdvice for building work House extensions in nestonDrawings for planning applications
Planning Applications
      Types Of Planning Applications
There are several types of planning legislation depending on the proposed building works and the location of the site. Below are some common planning applications for householders (this is not an exhaustive list):
      Householder Planning Consent
Where a single dwelling is to be enlarged. This includes extensions, conservatories, loft conversions, dormer windows, garages, car ports and outbuildings.
A planning application is not always necessary for householder building work. See our Residential page for further information.
      Conservation Area Consent
Parts of the Wirral have designated conservation areas, such as Bidston Villlage, Parkgate front, Willaston and West Kirby old
village. Building in these areas is more tightly controlled.
      Listed Building Consent
Certain buildings and sites are protected as being of special or historic interest. If you are planning on building works to, or within the site of, a listed building then you will likely require an application for listed building consent.
      Permitted Development/Lawful Development Certificate
For householders there is a certain amount of building work that can be done without the need for a planning application. This is determined by Permitted Development Rights. These can be quite complicated, but as a rule of thumb you may be able to build the following:

A single storey side extension up to half the width of the existing building
A single storey rear extension up to 4.0m
A two storey rear extension up to 3.0m
Roof extension up to 40cubic m (terraced houses), and 50cubic m (detached and semi-detached houses).

For peace of mind, if your development is within these regulations you can apply for a Lawful Development Certificate.
      Further Information
The planning portal contains useful information regarding planning applications. This can be found at the following link:
Home Home
Extending Your Home Extending Your Home
Building Regulations Building Regulations
Gallery Gallery
Architectural Services in Neston